Wednesday, September 19, 2007

TMI? - Tuesday 9/18/2007




Some days, in an effort to come up with a photographic subject I haven't already covered in just over two years of a photo a day, I fear I'm giving you more information about me than you really need. Like today, for instance.

I usually pick something kind of lovely out of the stacks and rows of things in my house. But this is the somewhat messy front of my refrigerator. Call it an homage to Jamie Leigh Curtis's unretouched photograph in More magazine a few years ago.

What do we have here? Working our way down from the cupboard top, pitchers bought at yard sales and in Tijuana. On top of the fridge itself, my main tea pot, and several creamers and sugar bowls. Also an antique pitcher given to me by a friend. I love the shape of pitchers and I have a hard time resisting a good deal on one.

On the door... a coupon for a frozen meal that's about to expire, tickets to a Tom Paxton concert, tickets to a Kingston Trio concert, a Jiffy Lube coupon, a magnate from our pet-sitter, a magnate from a wine company that also sent me some cool stickers when I asked, a cute card my mom sent a while back, and a metric measure converter sticker sent to us by the real estate agent who sold us our house and which I am determined to use to try some of the amazing recipes from Gordon Ramsay's The F Word.

Believe me, there are other messes in my house. It's not all pretty fruit and tea cups on windowsills. But you'll have to wait for another slow photo day for me to show you that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! so you're a real person, huh? k