Thursday, December 06, 2007

My Reason for Living - Thursday 12/6/2007



In an effort to maintain my status as a viable contributing member of society, I am transcribing my entire card file of fictional business and product names into a searchable WordPerfect file.

The television series that I work with all shut down weeks ago. The movie I'm working on isn't producing a lot of requests (no rewrites, for one thing.) I've been helping out co-workers most of the week.

And working on adding all my precious information to the document OneL created over the course of several months, from her card file. It'll be helpful for all of us.

Today when I started I was up to "cemeteries." Hmm.

Meanwhile, the little bits of information leaking out about the WGA strike negotiations are not terribly encouraging. Those pesky writers actually want to talk about all kinds of issues, not just a few. Based on what happened in 1988, they'd better do just this; get it all on the table because the AMPTP has proven that it takes drastic action to get issues like reality television writing, etc., discussed.

Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily is a pretty good source for level-headed reporting on the strike. I forgive her for jumping the gun last week with optimism and practically reporting that the strike was over.

Remember "Dewey Defeats Truman!" my darling.

2 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

I break out in hives whenever I see index card boxes. My mother was obsessed with them.

I also hope the writers get it all on the table. But in the meantime, I know it's hard.

:( = short term.
:) = hopefully longer term results

Sundry said...

Liz--

Sorry about the hive-inducing photograph. One just never knows!

And I second those emoticons.