Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wildflowers - Sunday 3/23/2008


I've been meaning to climb up the hill behind our house and see just what all the hubbub is about. There are more poppies this year than I've seen since we moved here 7 years ago. Mostly in the burned area...interesting, huh?




Yes, I did lie down to take this shot.



Yes, I did get some stickers right through my jeans into my hip. The cacti burnt, but apparently left a few reminders behind!


From a distance, I'd assumed these were lupine. When I neared them, I thought they might be thistles, but the shape's not right and they don't seem to have spines.

Not sure what they are. I think that wildflower book is in the backseat of my car....



Don't know how well you can make this out, but there are drifts of those purple flowers in the wind-wakes of the burnt out junipers.



Just to prove that my shoe and I were there.



I am going to make this my desktop image for a while!

No comments: