Friday, November 10, 2006

The Intimacy of Coffee Pots - Thursday 11/9/2006



I admire them for their ability to show affection in public. Cuddling there on display, for anyone who cares to see.

This was a real power writing day. I got to Big Boy at 5:00 am and wrote till 6:30 am.

Worked my actual mortgage-sustaining job for 8 hours, no breaks, so I could leave "early."

Visited the fabled Lulu's Beehive in Studio City for another bit from about 2:50-3:35. I used to meet with a group of writers at Lulu's when it was on Sawtelle years ago. They are so writer friendly. Lots of plugs available!

Then met with Gia to work on our book project for about an hour and half. This is going well.

Traffic was hideous. Were all the Dems out celebrating? Were all the Repulicans out drowning their sorrows? I gave up and found that Starbucks I thought I remembered in San Fernando, and wrote for another hour there.

All that, and I think I only just barely scratched out the 2000 words I have been wanting to get each day. I'm still on track, but I want to be a bit ahead.

Today I'm working--my actual job--from home, and I slept in till 5:30. EEEK! I will write today, but right now I have a stomach ache. All that questioning they talk about on NaNoWriMo radio. Eek. I like my characters, but what am I doing to them, for them? They need to go through more more more.

2 comments:

the last noel said...

You're actually a writer I know who will begin writing at 5am before work. I write in the morning, but 5am? Fuhgedit.

Liz Dwyer said...

Look at your discipline...and you still have time to write here on your blog. Fess up, you have a clone, right? :)