Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One Hollow Pig - Monday 3/26/2007


Last night I emptied my piggy bank. I'm going to take its innards to a CoinStar machine and get an Amazon.com gift card or something. All that's left inside are a Kennedy fifty cent piece, a Susan B. Anthony dollar, a couple of old video game tokens and an L.A. MTA bus token.

There was a space left on the mantel from some removed Christmas decoration, I suppose. I think the pig looks nice there next to the Dia de los Muertos figures and the little theater front model.

That model was made my my tech theater prof, Stewart Sweet for a competition for artwork to hang on the walls of the Performing Arts Center in Fort Wayne. I thought his submission should have won. They were to be larger scale models of the historic theaters of the city.

What we got instead was a sort of abstract clump of metal entitled "Thespian Angel Ascending."

You can imagine the jokes amongst the theater crowd.

No comments: