Friday, October 28, 2005

Snoopy Runs in the Flock

/
You were expecting, maybe, a dog running through a rising covey of quail? No, just me observing that my parrot, Dodger, is as snoopy as I am.

The window in my studio was open and the neighbor was helping her son load stuff from her house into his SUV. Loading and unloading his stuff is a pretty regular event. He moved out. Wrecked his brand new truck. Moved back in to save for another vehicle. Now drives an older, decidedly less shiney SUV. He came with a U-Haul. He was only taking away a trunkload yesterday. L is very patient with him, it seems. Dodger is fascinated with the goings on.

When there was an exchange of slightly heated words, Dodger crooned, “Oh… Oh… Oh…” in very sympathetic tones. Jeez, they were only a few feet across the road. I tried to keep my eyes on my screen, but clearly I know more about them than I’ve strictly been told by L.

Yes, that’s a stick holding up the window. Something needs to be done about this.

No comments: