Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Raspberry Mousse - Tuesday 3/21/2006

Before.

From Portos Bakery in Burbank. This little number has a thin layer of cake on the bottom, with a layer of chocolate mousse, topped by a layer of raspberry mousse, overlaid with a tart raspberry gelatin, wrapped in a thin sheath of white chocolate onto which the design was stamped. (With a chocolate curl and a leaf on top...half of the chocolate curl was gone before I thought to take the picture.)

I went there to get a Cuban cake for a celebration in my writing group tonight. One of our members is quitting her 9-to-5 to write for at least a year! So we’re feting her tonight.

Now anyone in my writing group who reads this will see that I had raspberry mousse on the same day that I shared in the Cuban cake with custard and pineapple in the middle, soaked in rum, with buttercream frosting.

Or maybe they will know from the size of my behind as I sidle through the door tonight.

Is it kind of pathetic that the most I have written on my blog in a week is about a dessert?

No comments: