Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sunset walk

/

Didn’t pick up the mail on the way home, so I had to walk down to the mailbox, about 5 minutes there and back. Bonus! D went with me and then tugged me over to the cross road, and we walked all around the neighborhood for a half an hour. I’d almost forgotten we lived in a neighborhood, we get so enchanted with our own yard!

Sad moment: we found this dead snake in our yard, right by the road. I thought I smelled something! We wonder if it was run over on the road and sort of wriggled into the yard. Couldn’t see a head on it!

Ick, I clearly didn’t get all the snails out of the yard over the weekend. I intend to move this carcass up the hillside tonight. It’s still good coyote food, isn’t it?

2 comments:

the last noel said...

It was interesting watching the progress of such pretty still life--bowls and fruits. Then a headless, dead snake. I coughed up my dinner.

Sundry said...

Oops, sorry about that.

Just trying to acknowledge that Acton is not Pleasantville. Trying to embrace the conflict in life so I can embrace it in my writing. ;)