Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Spelt and Canteloupe - Wednesday 7/26/2006




There is really no reason for my lunch to be perched on my windowsill at work. Except that a couple of people innocently encouraged me to continue with the jars motif.

And I am a shameless sucker for pleasing the teacher or apparently anyone else who asks me for something. Tell me what to do and I will do it and I will try to do it in a very special way. (Oh, ugh…annoying child.)

Also, this doesn’t require a huge amount of staging, since part of my small effort to reduce my environmental footprint includes reusing glass jars. There are supposed to be nasty chemicals in plastic containers that are released when you microwave them, so I’m also trying in small ways to keep my brain and body intact a little longer.

Hence, this photo of my lunch having one last outing before it meets its demise.

Happy grain. Happy canteloupe. Blissfully unaware of its impending fate.

4 comments:

the last noel said...

I'm glad you are returning to this motif. There's something about it, Sally. Your Voice is here somewhere.

Sundry said...

Thanks, Noel. This means a lot coming from you.

Unknown said...

Yay! Spelt! You know I love my spelt.

Anonymous said...

oh, I love it! ...your lunch having one last outing before meeting its demise!...I want copies of all your entries!