Thursday, September 28, 2006

Boa Boa Boa - Saturday 9/23/2006


I think this is an albino boa constrictor. It was at the Agua Dulce Country Fair on Saturday.
Saturday was such a big day, it’s what kept me from posting for so long. Okay, prepare to skip to someone else’s blog, this is going to go on for a while.

First off, I drove home from Braveheart’s house. We’d had a great time on the town the night before and I stayed at her place to avoid all those crazy Friday night drivers. Which made it kind of ironic when I was pulled over for speeding up the 14. Sigh. What can I say? I was singing a Betty Hutton song and anticipating a pretty much unscheduled weekend, and I was just…going! Only a little faster than surrounding traffic, but too much.

I just grinned at the officer. Can’t argue. I told him I was singing. The only person to be mad at was me, and I just didn’t want to mess up my good mood. He asked if I was going to the parade up there when he saw my address. I said, “No, but I have photos in the photo contest!” He wished me luck and advised me to pay a little more attention when I’m singing, but he was smiling too. He was on his way to Agua Dulce to handle parade traffic. Like, all twenty cars.

Hydra and I went over in the afternoon to see the photos and also encountered this snake, and a big hawk. It’s a very very small fair.

I didn’t win anything in the photo conest, but it was a good experience to get the photos together and submit them. The big glitch was that they’d said we could take the photos after 9pm, so we went over there (about 10 miles from our house) to pick them up, thinking we’d just stop in and go. 2 1/2 hours later, they finally finished tallying the votes and let us take the photos.

We stood around feeling disgruntled for a while, then gave in and danced in spite of me being in a really odd outfit…paisley yoga pants, a coral hoodie, and my hot pink Crocs. I thanked the poor people who had just run their first photo contest and we got home a little before midnight. Sigh.

No comments: