Monday, October 09, 2006

The Insomnia Must Stop - Monday 10/9/2006


I woke up at 2 a.m. Sunday morning and went and wrote for about an hour. Might have come up with my NaNoWriMo concept. Seemed like a good thing. Went back to sleep until about 7:30.

This morning. Boom. Awake at 2 o'clock again. There will be no sleeping until 7:30 on Monday for this worker bee. Maybe it's just the idea that the alarm is going to go off at 4 o'clock. I want to get back to sleep. So this morning I read, thinking I'd fall asleep. I may have for brief intervals, but the book I'm reading Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson, is really good.

Anyway, I got out of bed in a huff and decided to take matters into my own hands. I showered and got ready, and drove on down to the Bob's Big Boy across the street from where I work. Where a nice man served me oatmeal and coffee, and I worked on the rough draft of an essay or article (yet to be determined) from 5:30-6:30 before ambling across the street to my office.

So I have done my writing for today and can merrily run errands and maybe get to bed early...which may only mean that I wake at 2 a.m. again. Sigh.

Oh. Right. The photo.

This is the wall of photographs of old Burbank scenes and celebs next to where I sat this morning.

No comments: