Friday, February 16, 2007

Breakfast of the Damned - Friday 2/16/2007


Well, maybe not damned. In fact... I hope not damned.

Breakfast of the overworked might be more appropriate, but where's the drama in that?

Friends, I worked 6:30am-5:45 pm yesterday, ate fast food on my drive home (which took till 7:30) and fell asleep on the couch at 8:15. Right in the middle of our TiVoed Boston Legal. Sigh.

This morning I skipped my writing time and went straight into the office at 5:30. It's pilot season, so I'm working on a couple of extra scripts beyond my usual work load, plus the film I picked up in November is now shooting (Juno)--which means sending me work--and a new series is starting up. (Army Wives for Lifetime.) When a new series starts, they often need to populate a whole street with businesses, which is what's happening.

If it weren't for the upcoming three-day weekend I would now blatantly solicite your tokens of verbal sympathy. But now it's Friday evening, and there are good plans ahead.

Yes, that's a triple espresso trying to balance out the banana.

1 comment:

fingerstothebone said...

Those are some pretty long hours (I don't mind the long hours usually, but starting at 5:30am, oy). You do have my token sympathy! (But just token, don't let it get to your head now.)

Shu-Ju