Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bonjour!

Ah, life on the road. I just wrote about our adventures for half an hour and it disappeared when I tried to post it. I’m in a cybercafé on the Left Bank of the Seine, near the Notre Dame. They have American style keyboards here…what a relief. It’s amazingly difficult to learn to find the “a” key in a different place!

No way to download photos, but you can bet I am taking them and will get caught up when I get home.

After two nights on our houseboat B&B on the Seine, I feel as though this stationary room is floating on the waves. It’s a very comforting way to sleep, I have to say. Like being gently rocked all night. And so nice to have croissants, bread and coffee brought to us each morning. We eat in the wheel house with a view of the passerelle (foot bridge) at Pont Solferino. Hydra and I sat up until after the lights on the Musee’ D’Orsay and other monuments went off around 1am. Then we watched a couple canoodling on the opposite bank and another couple talking, smoking, even dancing together on the passerelle above.

I think what I'll do is post comments for each day and then come back and post the photos later. There's soooo much to tell you!

2 comments:

fingerstothebone said...

Bonjour!

Sounds like a lovely evening...keep them coming, please.

Shu-Ju

Kim said...

A houseboat B&B sounds wonderful. Glad you're having a great time. I can't wait to see the photos!