Thursday, May 17, 2007

C'est Paris! - Thursday, 17 May 2007

Wow. It's been a long time since I posted. If I weren't having so much fun, I'd be in some kind of blog withdrawal. I keep thinking of things I'd like to write about, and no connection. But now Mom and I are in Paris for a week in an apartment near a cybercafe with the all-important English style keyboards.

Hydra headed home on the 10th. Mom and I stayed one more night on the Bateau Johanna, and then headed for Champagne country in our cute little rental car...a Renaul Kangoo. We stumbled into a truly marvelous experience at the B&B at #1 Rue des Vaches in Reuilly-Sevigny. The proprietors couldn't have been more wonderful. If you are thinking about a trip to France we'd highly recommend this place and the Champagne country, and I would encourage you to check out the link to the apartments on this B&B page because Meridith Sykes has an amazing way with interior design and the apartments will undoubtedly be as well appointed as the B&B rooms were. Can't wait to show you more.

3 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

Wow! Paris for a whole week. I totally want to take a trip like this. What a great adventure and how cool that you are doing this with your mom.

Sundry said...

Yes! It's been an amazing trip. So glad to have done some of the big sites, and to have spent time in the beautiful countryside, and to feel like we're coming back with plenty of time in Paris. I wrote for two hours in a cafe below our apartment today, and thoroughly enjoyed making up a whole drama for a man who was anxiously waiting for someone.

My mother is truly amazing, a great traveler and a lifestyle inspiration. I'm very lucky.

the last noel said...

Mon dieu! Bon Voyage, mon frere. Je suis...envious!