Sunday, July 08, 2007

Neighborly Fruit - Friday 7/6/2007



Hey! Remember the plums on the tree the other day?


I was out in the front yard tying up a few overladen branches of the Granny Smith apple tree when our uphill neighbor and his kids walked by on their way back from the pool. He actually asked if I'd like some plumbs! Said they had bags of them they were trying to get rid of.


You betcha!


I went right up the slope and picked this bag full, all from branches hanging over the fence.


Very nice.

3 comments:

Cap'n said...

what are you going to do with all of those!?

Sundry said...

Good question! I'm going to spread the joy. We sent about a quarter of them home with friends who visited Saturday. And I'll take some to my writing group on Tuesday night. They're not all ripe right now, so they'll keep a while.

Anonymous said...

pays to be a good neighbor, huh? kitty