Saturday, September 15, 2007

Thursday Morning - 9/13/2007


Braveheart and I sat at her kitchen table 'til 2 a.m. talking about the evening and this and that. She gave a reading at A Different Light bookstore the night before and completely kicked ass. The novel she's working on is terrific and she's an amazing reader.

Noel Alumit
hosts the series, and he always puts the audience at ease. He introduced writers and editors who were in the audience, which I thought was a very good move.

So often I would like to tell the writer I've just heard that I am a f'ellow traveler. But then I worry that might accidentally steal a little of their thunder. I'm concerned that it's like someone saying to a bride on her wedding day, "Hey! I was married once. Wanna see pictures?"

In confessing this to fellow writers, I realized how silly that probably is. I never--I emphasize never--feel that way when someone tells me s/he is a writer after my readings. So if you see me read, and you want to talk about writing, please say something and I won't hold it against you for a second!





Jimmy is not so much interested in the news.

No comments: