Wednesday, October 03, 2007

First Leaf - Saturday 9/29/2007


On Friday night as we left the house to meet friends at a Mexican restaurant, the setting sun caught this lone turned leaf on the apricot tree. I stopped and thought I should probably go back in and get my camera and get the shot. Green leaves around it. Blue sky behind it.

But no. I went on toward my own personal satisfaction, ignoring your needs.

In a pathetic attempt to recreate the moment, I went to the back yard on Saturday evening around the same time. The leaf was gone.

No! No it wasn't!

It had only turned its back on me.

So I picked up a big stick and tried to turn the leaf around. (Is anyone else hearing "Love to hear percussion" in their heads, or have I been listening to too much XM 70s radio on AOL?)

The leaf dropped to the lawn. Face down.

I turned it over.

And took this perfectly candid shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL....you are sooo funny! k