Wednesday, May 21, 2008

100 Degree Wedding Party - Saturday 5/18/2008


The orchids don't seem to mind that it was over 100 degrees in the outdoor courtyard where the wedding reception was held.

People who had come from out of state scampered over to a mall to buy lighter clothes before the shindig started at 5pm. The sun went down behind the walls that surrounded the courtyard shortly after we sat down for dinner.

Between the heat and the dancing, the champagne seemed to burn right off. It was great to hang out with our Hoosier friends and their son's new family.



Jim is quite a guy. He's the bride's grandfather. He's smart, sharp, and a great storyteller. He's also a World War II vet.

I snapped several pictures of Jim's hands as he and Hydra talked. He was very animated and they moved a lot, sometimes clasped around his knee.

The sincere thumbs up seems, to me, to be the quintessential gesture of the World War II generation.

1 comment:

the last noel said...

LOL. When I first saw that thumb, I didn't know what to make of it. For a moment, I thought it was some bizarre art piece. Then, I realised: oh, it's a thumb!