Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Worklife - Wednesday 9/3/2008


What I didn't know yet when I took this photo was that my worklife was going to change for the better in just a few hours.

One of my clients decided to take its business elsewhere. One of my very difficult, demanding, nerve-wracking clients who never once complained about prices or turnaround times, but cited these things as issues.

This is hard on the business, except that really demanding clients diminish the already narrow profit margin. For me, it's honestly a relief.

No blame came my way. I have a good rep here. And when a small company like ours pays rent on office space, and secures the necessary resources, and offers its employees benefits like health care and a 401k, it's hard to compete with a home office.

Except that we offer a superior product.

It's just so frustrating to me that so many businesses are about the bottom line. Yeah, yeah, you've heard it from me before, but what ever happened to a goal of society building? If you sak me, well cared for workers are the infrastructure of any healthy economy.

After work, I'm going for a spinning class, and it just won't matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you won't have to deal with the demanding client. Hope the business is doing well though!

I lost your blog url for a while and now I found it again, yay! I'm glad, cause although I'm staying off of 43T, I've missed reading your posts!

I'm going to put a link to your blog on mine, OK?
It's hereIhttp://theawesomenewssource.blogspot.com/

I just try to do a positive news story every day. Because the news can be so depressing you know?

Stacey/Rose

P.S. I tried to comment on the Venice Beach post but it wouldn't let me, I wonder how come?

Sundry said...

Are you kidding? I'm honored! And glad to know you're blogging. I'm linking to you, too.

p.s. I fixed the Venice/Traveller post. It was a little buggy because of the map, and somehow the permissions were altered on just that post.