Friday, January 06, 2006

To the Library Thursday 1/5/2006



Absolutely HAD to go to the library last night, even though it made me hit the freeway late. I left an audiobook in the trunk of my car when I dropped off before the holidays. Owed $4.45 on a title I didn’t even like. Sigh. But it’s worth it. I get a lot of good out of the library. The audiobooks make my long commute bearable.

Libraries are one of the best elements of our culture and they need to be supported. I still buy books. I think I should buy books because I want to write them, and I want to support other writers. But the library is a wonderful way to get hooked on a writer.

Picked up some new stuff I’d put on hold, including the audiobook of “Blink,” which I started listening to last night. Very interesting. Not too earthshattering so far.

I noticed the light and the lines of this fairly new building as I was walking in and took the time to snap a shot on the way out. Usually I try to edit out the powerlines, but I think they work here.

3 comments:

the last noel said...

I love libraries. I just love sitting in them. I work by the Central Library, so I could actually eat in one (uh, in the Pandra Express on the first floor).

Unknown said...

I love this picture.

I haven't been dawdling around 43things in a while, so I am glad I happenstanced on your blog to reacquaint myself with the reason why I ever started playing on 43things in the first place.

SarahJane said...

this is a great photo. you need the powerlines.