Sunday, January 01, 2006

Worn Christmas Light Sunday 1/1/2006


Bonus photo. I like this better than the Home Maintenance photo, but I thought I should put that other one up.

We get a lot of wind around here and over the past few years, the paint has been knocked off some of the big round Christmas lights we hang outside.

I love it that D wants to put up lights outside. I grew up in the country and we didn’t put up outside lights. It’s really lovely to come home at night and find the house all aglow. Oddly comforting. Also gives us a chance to compliment the neighbors and get compliments from them.

Tonight will be the last night we have them on. I’ll miss them, but I appreciate that these sorts of things are best brought out for the season and then tucked away. It’s been a good Christmas and New Years.

I wish everyone could feel as peaceful and contented as I do right now. I’m lucky and I know it today.

No comments: