Monday, February 13, 2006

Tamale Day - Saturday 2/11/2006







We were invited to make tamales with D’s cousin’s girlfriend’s family this year. Had a great time! I’d never done this before. Tamales are my favorite traditional Mexican food, and they’re a bit complicated to make, but well worth it, I now know.

S made the chicken and pork ahead, so all we had to do was stuff the ojas (corn husks) with the masa, meat and an olive. We made almost 10 dozen all together, not including a few dozen sweet tamales to use up the masa. Took them home to steam them, since there were so many and it takes a few hours.

I have a dozen each of chicken, pork and sweet tamales. Lucky me! Now, all I have to do is refrain from eating them three times a day until I run out!

We were also able to pick oranges from their trees!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH! OH! OH! Thanks for sharing this...wonderful! bugeyeland xo