Friday, August 25, 2006

Mountain Home - Thursday 8/24/2006


Another of the things along Sierra Highway that I’ve been meaning to photograph.

Mountain Home now proclaims itself to be an Interdenominational Retreat. I drove into the compound once. It’s a collection of cool old stone buildings. I’d love to get permission to prowl around and photograph for a couple of hours. Maybe if I offered them prints…?

This is apparently the old entrance arch. Now the driveway begins to the left of this structure.

(Oh wow, I just read some of the history, and one of the people involved is my Acton auto mechanic!)

1 comment:

ksweets said...

that's a really neat picture. so i totally want to come visit you some time before i start getting wrinkles, lol. then we could go on photo adventures together!