Monday, November 06, 2006

Break o' Day Five - Sunday 11/5/2006


Up and at my computer by 4:45. (It’s also supposed to be good for insomniacs to keep the same schedule on the weekends, so we’ll give that a whirl.)

Day didn’t actually break for a while after I’d started. I was working under some time pressure because I was supposed to get a critique to Braveheart on her fabulously inventive novel weeks ago and I want to a) be an honorable human being and make good on my promises, especially creative ones like this that are actually good for me and b) be able to focus on my NaNo novel; working title: Basura Canyon, just so I won’t take it too seriously.

Time pressure is good for me.

I took Braveheart’s manuscript with me to Panera and camped there most of the afternoon. Saw some other NaNoWriMo writers there, and spoke to one. She had a very cool sticker, which I wanted. But not badly enough to ask for one when I didn’t even have my laptop with me.

I can practically hear the word “FRAUD!” bringing all the activity at Panera to a stunned pause.

Ended the weekend with my word count a little higher than it absolutely needed to be.

1 comment:

DirkStar said...

Nice page! I enjoyed my visit here.

http://jestersrap.blogspot.com/