Friday, November 03, 2006

Lucky Charms - 11/2/2006

Yes, I'm pulling out the big guns already. NaNoWriMo, Day Two.

When I first started getting serious about writing a novel, I did all sorts of things to keep my intentions at the forfront of my consciousness. One of these things was to find creative talismans. I had others, but this one is still in my jewelry box.

I was given to understand that these pre-Columbian symbols have something to do with a "scribe." If you have any knowledge to the contrary, please keep it to yourself. Someone at a party asked me about it once and preceeded to tell me that those symbols had nothing to do with writing. Gee, thanks.

What it means to me is that I am on a creative path right now and I want to be mindful of it. I want to draw those juicy tidbits out of the universe, as so often happens when I'm working hard on something.

Trying to write 50,000 words in thirty days is something like being an athlete. When I left the house this morning at 4:15 to go write near work, Hydra pumped his fist up and down and chanted, "Go! Go! Go!"

Maybe I need some NaNoWriMo running shorts...

No comments: