Saturday, December 09, 2006

Finding Ways to Say Goodbye - Friday 12/8/2006


I'd be willing to bet that Aunt Muriel had this mischevious look in her eye at some point during each of her 95 years. Did she just recite one of those Cockney hand-me-down rhymes she learned as a kid?

This photo was taken last Christmas. She's wearing the crown that came out of her Christmas cracker.

Aunt Muriel passed away very early Friday morning, in her sleep.

She had a great sense of humor and uncommon common sense. She was a voracious reader and a wonderful storyteller and conversationalist. She was an LPN. She took care of her sister and both brothers in their last days.

I will always feel grateful to have known her, and to have felt her love. Lucky to have gotten her in the bargain when I married Hydra.

We spent part of the morning in this park with family. The memorial will be next week.

We'll all miss Aunt Grandma sharply for a long, long time.





5 comments:

the last noel said...

That is one amazing picture of our aunt!

Anonymous said...

My condolences, SK.

mltt

Anonymous said...

There's quite the twinkle in her eyes, isn't there?! I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Cap'n said...

She does have a twinkle in her eyes!

I finally caught on to your trend... I am now posting one picture a day, every day. I need to work on my writing around the picture but it is so much fun. I find myself driving around with my camera in my lap! haha

Sundry said...

Raul... That's terrific. I try to have my camera on the passenger seat myself. Otherwise, you miss too much!