Monday, January 15, 2007

I Would Let You Hold This - Monday 1/15/2007




I found this in a rock shop in Lone Pine. Of course it's not a rock, it's a piece of glass. When you turn it, the light moves in bands inside it. At one point, a circle of mottled white is reflected against the inner surface.

I think this is the thing that prompted my mother to comment, laughing, "You are almost decadent."

I guess because I buy small beautiful things that please me. I think it's good for us to spend a little money on something like this, especially if we are able to honor it by letting it bring us joy when we handle it.

It's like cupping the moon in the palm of your hand.

1 comment:

The Moon Topples said...

I'm not normally a big fan of seemingly functionless objects, but that sure is purty.

I might have been tempted to buy that myself.

I know a thing or two about moons, and I think your phrasing might just be both accurate and beautiful.