Friday, February 23, 2007

Obnoxious Tipping? - Wednesday 2/21/2007


I hope not. I actually still have a couple of creatively folded bills from my last waitress job which was--oh good grief--eighteen years ago! Funny, because I still feel like waiting tables is one of those things I have given up like an addict.

I am a recovering waitress and I guess I always will be. I still think of myself as essentially a server who is just not doing it now. If I am ever fortunate enough to be able to live off of creative pursuits, I would probably apply to work in a coffee house again. I love talking to people and I think I'd curl up creatively if I didn't have a lot of contact with others.

This is a one dollar bill folded into a ring and slipped over another, rolled, dollar bill. Perhaps the fact that it's about a 55% tip will alleviate any annoyance. When you sit at a table for a long time, and expect refills of your tea, you should consider that you are kind of renting the table, not tipping by percentage.

No comments: