Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Traitor In My Own Midst - Thursday 4/19/2007


It's never easy, but it happens in the best of relationships. Familiarity breeds not so much contempt as apathy.

So it has come to this at last: diner infidelity.

I have consorted with a different 24-hour diner. And I have enjoyed it.

I just can't get it up for the huge pool of oatmeal at Bob's right now. The Coral Cafe offers whole grain pancakes, Mexican specialties and another couple of pages I didn't even get to.

Sassy!

Also, it's easier to concentrate when you don't have to say hello to everyone. I am just too friendly. And Grumps said something the other day that ticked me off. Not that he's there every day anymore because one of the waitresses insulted him and he's now going to Lancer's most of the time.

See what I mean though? Six months and the honeymoon is over.



On a lighter note, work has eased up so OneL and I went shopping during lunch yesterday. I found these fun shoes.

No, really! They are fun. See? They have already inspired me to lie on my back on the floor with my feet in the black office chair in order to take this--shall we say frisky?--photograph.

Tell me that's not fun.

5 comments:

ksweets said...

haha, la better watch out for the promiscuous breakfast enthusiast with the overly exciting shoes.

i was going to get those. just so you know, lol. rocketdogs, if i am not mistaken..♥

Sundry said...

Right you are! Rocketdogs. Found a discount place and I said to my friend, "Next time my niece is out here, I have to bring her here. She'd love it." (Meaning you, of course.)

I had a hard time choosing between these and the black and red ones. But these are more of a departure for me and I think that's a good thing. Imagine them padding around Paris!

the last noel said...

Hey, those are cool shoes. Oh, I'm glad you're choosing to go with the grainy pancakes. They're so much better than those butter battered ones.

Liz Dwyer said...

That place does have fabulous pancakes. I haven't been there in quite awhile. I might have to hit them up tomorrow with the family. And the shoes are VERY cute.

Sundry said...

Liz - Thanks about the shoes. Now I'm hungry for pancakes again. Just watch for the beverage prices. $2.00 for the same Apfels tea bag they charge $1.39 for at Bob's? Pfft!