Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hit the Ground Running - Friday, 5/4/2007


We arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport at 8:30 a.m. local time. Amazing to see the Concorde up on stilts as a display. I clipped articles about the coming of the Concorde when I was in high school and they were writing about it coming to the States. I remember being very upset about the potential environmental impact of all the sonic booms it was supposed to generate going in and out. I was against it. I think I even wrote a letter about it.

Turned out it didn't rip a hole in the fabric of the universe. Lucky us.



Dresses on Laweeez's daughter's bedroom wall. What a great decoration!

I met Laweeez online, and she turned out to be just as funny and smart in person. Can you believe she invited us to stay with her? And fed us fabulous raclette, and conversation, and music, and even gave us parting gifts?



The view from Laweeez's kitchen window. Loverly.

No comments: