Sunday, June 17, 2007

Glass! - Friday 6/15/2007


Remember I told you Braveheart brought the writing group gifts from Iowa? Amongst mine was this amazing 1950s Italian carafe and glasses. I think it's probably for a liqueur, but that didn't stop me from using it for red wine.

This is way cooler than what I brought her from France. She's really good at this.

Oh, and I took her advice and pushed my hair back off my face. I may be done with bangs for a long time again. Since I've had a couple of requests to come out from behind the camera lately, I thought I'd give it a shot.

It was interesting looking down the barrel of my own Nikon.



No filters or Photoshopping were used in the creation of this image.

Believe me, I was tempted!

[p.s. Finally went to the doctor this afternoon. Saw an x-ray of my back. Yes, indeed, a small bone that looked like it was in the middle of a vertebrae was knocked a little cockeyed. There's nothing to do, I guess. Just wait for the soft tissue to heal, which should take another 3-4 weeks. The doc says that we'll know what the cause of any future pain is. Oh, lovely. In the meantime, it's a rib belt, occasional pain meds and lightening my load. I think I may need to revert to the handy dandy Kodak instead of the Nikon for health's sake.]

3 comments:

fingerstothebone said...

Ah, yes, but the real question was what changes you would've made? I still can't get over that you don't have really short cropped hair. Darn it, I demand that you match my mental picture of you!

Shu-Ju

Sundry said...

Too funny! Hydra just hollered out from the other room, "Shu-Ju wants you to cut your hair." I laughed, and had to check it out!

I have had it everywhere from close cropped to half-way down my back. It's in a growing out stage right now. I misguidedly thought more layers would be good before traveling, but didn't realize how humid France would turn out to be.

Which reminds me, I never did write that post that was going to be titled "Liberte Egalite Humidite!"

Anonymous said...

i like the new look!
f