Sunday, June 10, 2007

Recon Day - Friday 5/18/2007


The view from the big double windows. We decided not to go for any museums or sights on our first full day. Just figuring out the neighborhood and settling in.


Mom did one of those wonderful mother things... well, she'd do it for you, too, I'll bet. She's a really nice person. She offered to take our two-weeks worth of laundry down to the laundrette a couple of blocks away and I could stay in the apartment or go to a cafe between here and there, and write. Great offer! I snapped it up!


I did wash out a few things in the apartment. Here's one of my camisoles drying. In Paris!


After a while I went down to the bistro below the apartment and sat at a table in an open door writing and taking photos of people across the street. Like these two boys waiting for their parents to decide about something.

Went to the Latin Quarter, got caught in a downpour, and ducked into a fondue restaurant. Probably the most touristy and overpriced place we ate, but it was dry. And the fondue was good but my god, that's a lot of cheese.


Saw this amazing street performer on the walk home. There's no way to capture how amazing it was to watch him dance with this glass ball. He made it look like a bubble.


Back at the apartment after strolling the streets, we decide to cheer up the day-old champagne with some of the kirsch-soaked cherries Laweeez gave Mom as we left her house. Wow. A person could get used to this.

2 comments:

~*~Snappz~*~ said...

The first photo is absolutely gorgeous - have fallen in love with it! :o) Love the blog!

Vanya Khoreschenko said...

Fun photos, and it looks like you're enjoying your trip. Those cows gave me a flashback from a trip I did in France. I was on a bicycle and camping, and one morning I woke up with these cow beasts stomping about not far from my tent. They were cordoned off by a fence, but terrifyingly large at that distance.