Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Blueberry Teacup - Monday 7/2/2007


Yeah, I know.

I don't need another tea cup. And I don't go out trolling for them. But this one was on sale at the Antiques Asylum in Palmdale, where Hydra and I went over the weekend in search of something very special that I'll have to reveal later.

Here are my reasons (rationalizations?) for buying it:

1) It is a different shape from any of my others, slightly bowed in around the center of the bowl.

2) Blueberries were my favorite thing to pick as a kid, because you don't have to get on your knees like you do for strawberries, and a good blueberry bog has fabulous black muck dirt that gets between your toes, and they taste amazing.

3) These blueberreis look like they could have been drawn by my sister, Pegerty.

4) It was on sale for $3.00. This is a great deal. I have paid as much as $25 for a particularly wonderful vintage teacup (that one is pale white lusterware with tiny handpainted blue birds flying across its surface).

4 comments:

Cap'n said...

I think it was completely worth the three dollars!

Liz Dwyer said...

Oh that's lovely! And three dollars is a complete steal. Well worth adding to your collection.

Sundry said...

Thanks! I do use them quite a bit, too. My writing companions...

the last noel said...

I know what its like to see a cute little item like that and discover that it's only a few dollars--oh, I feel for you!