Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bookcrossing - Tuesday 7/3/2007


I've been a member of Bookcrossing for a few years, but every once in a while I actually free a few books. I'm going to drop these at Aroma Coffee & Tea later today.
It's a great concept. You mark books, register them, and release them into the wild. You hope that the person who picks them up leaves a comment about them. It's only happened to me once in the 27 releases.
Hope lives...


Cool Thing du Jour #1 : Bonny Doon Vineyard's website, where I went to find information about their terrific wine labels and was not disappointed. If you click on Learn Our Ways, and then Label Artists you'll get a nice look at their label art and the people behind it.
Cool Thing du Jour #2: The amazing art of Bascove, which I discovered because she's designed labels for the aforementioned Bonny Doon Vineyard. I love her subject matter and the way she treats it. It's reminscent of Diego Rivera and of some of the industrial art of the 1930s that I adore. Check out her whole portfolio if you go.

5 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

I like the Bookcrossing idea but I wonder if I'd be able to let my books go if I really love them. I tend to reread the ones I like so frequently. I give the ones I'm not too crazy about to Goodwill.

Sundry said...

Well, see... I don't give away my favorites. I keep those. But someone else may like these more than I did. Goodwill gets my clothes and household stuff.

I like the idea of someone eventually commenting on one of them. Hope, hope!

Unknown said...

Love that picture and hope you enjoy BookCrossing!
Best,
Scott
CEO BookCrossing

Anonymous said...

wow...pretty neat to get a comment from the ceo of BookCrossing, huh? Really, you suppose?? K

Anonymous said...

hermes is not only quick off the mark, but also versatile. He invented letters, astronomy and Mathematics. Besides of Tres, he also designed handbag hermes . The Greek Mythology shows the wisdom of Greeks. handbags hermes is one of the figures which I forgot.
As an anabolic drug, lida daidaihua provides the feeling of immediate positive effects on the system. As short term, the consumption of the daidaihua for a short term makes the user nauseous, anxious and an over-heated healing. In the longer term lida slimming may cause heart failure, heart damage or heart arrhythmia. The slimming capsule should not be taken throughout the year. Among the positive effects, slimming capsules moves the heart and the system faster. You can resort to lida during the final stages.
Frankly speaking, I did not say any remarkable feat in Chanel Wallet design and craftsmanship from this Classical Stitched Vinyl Bag. Chanel handbags is said that all of the creative elements of replica Chanel handbags branding are immensely.
More and more people are enjoying the affordability and beauty of uk Tiffany jewelry. With a great price as aesthetically pleasing design it's no wonder Tiffany earrings jewelry is quickly growing in popularity. silver earrings denotes high quality, beauty and unique Tiffany necklaces designs, all of which contribute to tag prices that are oftentimes out of our reach.