Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Living the Americone Dream - Saturday 7/21/2007


At last we scored some Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream! We've been looking for this stuff ever since we saw it debut on The Colbert Report. At last, at the Von's in Fillmore. (And yes, we have a freezer in our camper trailer.)

We bought the Willie Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler, too.



Stephen and Willie in the same bowl! A taste-off!

The Americone Dream was actually better than I expected. I usually find that the ones that have a lot of chunky stuff in them are more about the stuff than the ice cream. This is really good... but given a choice, I'd probably go with the lighter tasting Willie Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler.

Is anyone in Toronto jealous, I wonder? [rubs it in]


And just to throw a little gander in the direction of American excess.... We shared the campground with another group this weekend. There were about 10 of these behemoth RVs in the top section. They filled up the campsites completely with little space to be outside. These things are about 40 feet long and probably cost upwards of $125,000 each.

Yikes! It was a little intimidating walking down through them. "Walk of the Giants," as one friend put it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Americone Dream would be an addiction if I let myself try it. I love fudge covered waffle cones and caramel.

Liz Dwyer said...

Yum, I wish I could eat that for breakfast.