Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wrong. And Wrong Again. - Wednesday 7/24/2007


I like this sign, which hangs outside Mo's in Toluca Lake, right across from Bob's Big Boy.

Wrong: The food is not fine.

It's overpriced and not even very tasty. Their "famous" burgers are fat little wads of ground beef that glare at you from the center of the bun. They still have a burger bar with a handful of condiments and some bean salad on it that they think is the bee's knees. Not since 1977 was this impressive.

Wrong Again: The service is not friendly.

The actors-- I mean, the waiters--don't want to be there. They are working here because producers, directors and writers from the nearby studios eat here. Sometimes you see a former waiter--er, actor-- who has hit the big time, taking a meeting. The acoustics are terrible. Maybe they feel safe talking in a place where you can't hear your lunch partner's voice, let alone whatever's going on at the next table.

I've been dragged--erm, have eaten--here at least once a year for the past 8 years I've worked in the neighborhood.

Maybe two wrongs will make a right and the next time I eat here I'll find something to like about it.

No comments: