Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Day Outside - Saturday 10/13/2007


I spent a lot of the day outside in front of the camper copying panels from Craig Thompson's graphic novel Blankets, which I'd just finished reading. Good story about first love and spiritual crisis.

Oh, and Dodger spent a lot of the day outside, too, on the picnic table beside me.



Glen's an amazing fiddle player. Just makes the thing sing. When I took this shot I thought the inscription on the back of the fiddle was "HOPE" rather than "HOPF" (the maker), but I still like it.

We were standing around a campsite, singing harmonies to songs ranging from tunes from Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou? to "Ba Mir Bist Du Shoen" (Andrews Sisters) type stuff.



Hydra practices in front of our rig. Not sure we'll be able to take it out again this year. Already feeling home-away-from-home sick.

No comments: