Sunday, January 06, 2008

Being Home Makes Me Want to Bake - Sunday 1/6/2008


Which is dangerous on SO many levels.

But I love putting something in the oven and sitting down to write. The house starts smelling really fabulous right before the timer goes off. I'll bet that's how cooks knew it was done before thermometers and timers.


Oh, and I'd like to introduce you to the new (pre-seasoned!) cast iron fry pan I received from Cuz-P for Christmas. I think you'll be seeing more cast iron in future posts as I am falling in love with it as we speak.


Cuz-V gave me a copy of Cast Iron Cooking for Dummies, from which I took this recipe. Mmm. Good! (Though next time I think I'll use crushed pineapple and make a little more goop for the top.)

2 comments:

fingerstothebone said...

That looks gorgeous! For a second there I thought you made that on the stovetop and I thought, "I want one!"

Sundry said...

Thanks! One of the main reasons I wanted cast iron is so that I can start things on the stove top and finish them in the oven. Also, because you get nice browning that you can't get in the same way in nonstick.