Sunday, March 09, 2008

Oh, Snap! - Saturday 3/9/2008




See the pretty sunset on Hydra's finger?

He became all ambitious this morning and trimmed an arbor vitae (shrub/tree) next to the shed. It's so much nicer...makes the shed look like a cute little house.

Then he started cleaning out the shed itself. This is when I got into the act.

We were pulling things out from where bags of potting soil had been lined up when he reached for the sprung rat trap and OUUUUUCH! It wasn't sprung!

Luckily, he had on gloves and was able to slide his finger out of the trap's bite--it's a black plastic monster--but he ended up with a sore fretting finger. (That's a finger that moves on the fret of the guitar, not a worried finger.)

Always one to try to find the bright side, I reminded Hydra that if he has to have a sore finger, at least he got a bruise in the bargain.

It's so frustrating when it hurts and you don't even get a bruise to show off!

4 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

Ouch! That looks very painful. Thank goodness for the gloves.

Anonymous said...

I think 'fretting' works so well here with either definition.
So sorry for Hydra-ouch. Even with the trap incident it makes me a bit jealous of your farawayland where there is sunshine and warmth. I still had to scrape ice from my Indiana windshield this morning.
Soon.....someday....summmmmmer.
Smiles,
Deb

Sundry said...

Deb- Snow in March never seemed fair to me in Indiana. You've had enough by now! A couple of years ago we had snow here in March...I just searched it and it was 3/11/2006! It was thrilling. But really we are usually very lucky weather-wise!

Anonymous said...

This is how I suffer for my art. The art of cleaning the tool shed.
Hydra