Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Coffee and Debates


Andrew's (fka Sitton's) was closed from 11:30 last night till 5:30 this morning, so I visited a Starbucks I hadn't been to before. This one at the corner of Magnolia and Lankershim actually makes you feel like you're in a big city. Which isn't always the case in the San Fernando Valley.

I think it was the bus stop right outside my window. And the parking lot is out of sight, so it seems like customers are actually walking up to the coffee house. I liked it.

The link between coffee and debates is a thin one here, I'll admit. They were separated by a nine-hour work day. But coffee and conversation have been linked since the beginning of the brew so...

I'm very pleased that everyone seems to be giving Barack Obama the win in the debate tonight. I agree, but then I know I am voting for Obama so it's nice when the official commentators think the same thing I do.

I am honestly getting tired of all the number-tossing regarding who voted how many times for what. I guess this is for people who are just now starting to pay attention and who don't know that a really good cause may go down because it's attached to a heineous bill. We really have to stop letting our legislators put riders on bills. It's cowardly in that they don't want to admit to having supported something. It's inefficient at best, and immobilizing at worst.

If you haven't been to The Last Noel lately, you have missed his wonderful comments on elitism in this election, and you may have missed these observations about Palin's inaccuracies by Rachel Maddox:


No comments: