Saturday, December 13, 2008

Old Technology, Meet New Technology - Saturday 12/13/2008


The trusty filing cabinet worked for a long, long time.

Today I set up the new photo printer that I won from Liz over at Los Angelista's Guide to the Pursuit of Happiness. Yeah, won! For free! [She's giving away a Wii Fit now...get over there!]

We met up for lunch last Wednesday and she just. gave it. to me.


Here it is. What a beauty! If I had done the research to pick one out, this would have been the one I would have picked. I didn't realize when I entered her contest that it is not only a fabulous photo printer, but it is also wireless!

Yeah, shout it! Wireless!

So now if I want to print out a couple of pages from my laptop in the other room, I don't have to start up the desktop. I can just print from anywhere in the house. Probably from the back yard!

And yow! The first print, right out of the box was so gorgeous that I was actually able to use it for a birthday card. I was astonished. My Lexmark never printed such vibrant colors.

This is where the trusty filing cabinet gets to take a bow. Part of the ease of setting up the new HP Color Photo C6830 was that I dipped into my file (all the computer tabs are red) for the wireless router we installed a couple of years ago, and was able to type the key into the printer when prompted.

I'm sporadic about being organized. I am way more organized than some people and considerably less than other people. It always makes me so happy when I can actually find something I need when I need it.

[Which leads me to... p.s. Hydra: I was serious when I said that the key locator we saw at Target would make a nice gift.]

2 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

Love it! I'm so glad it's working out so well. :)

Sundry said...

Me too. Wouldn't you be disappointed with a stoney silence? ;)