Thursday, December 11, 2008

Von's Comes Through - Thursday 12/11/2008


One-L had a death in the family earlier this week. I thought she was coming in today, so I stopped by Von's before work to pick up some simple flowers to put on her desk.

They had these, which really seemed perfect. The person who passed was like a brother to her; they'd grown up together.



This is the back of the arrangement. It's great that early risers like myself can find decent flowers at all hours of the morning.

They wouldn't, however, sell me the rum for the rum balls. It was before six in the morning and the registers won't allow them to sell alcohol until after 8 a.m. I told the cashier that although I understood completely, I was going to cook with it, not drink it.

"Do people still make rum balls?" she asked when I told her my plan. "My sister used to make rum balls. I haven't had those in years."

I told her I'm going to use a recipe I found online. Emerile Lagasse's.

As I left she said, "I'd like to be your friend!"

It's odd. Since I started feeling like my writer-self, I seem to be having even better interactions with people on all levels.

No comments: