Saturday, January 24, 2009

Frost/Nixon Movie Review - Saturday 1/24/2009


I usually post book and movie reviews over at my other blog Curioscopy. But I loved this film and I hope more people see it. It is fascinating and engaging. I was, like most people probably, concerned that it would be a bit dry.

I essentially knew how things were going to end up, but that didn’t stop me from being completely wrapped up in the film. Wonderful performances by the leads and excellent supporting cast.

Can you believe it? I was literally on the edge of my seat. Kudos to the cast and to Ron Howard and and playwright/screenwriter Peter Morgan who made the material so interesting. It manages to be moving while not letting anybody off the hook.

Micheal Sheen, Sam Rockwell, Matthew McFadyen and Oliver Platt .

It’s great timing for this film, which naturally had me thinking about the clou that Nixon’s crookedness cast over U.S. politics, changing the way a couple of generations feel about the government. Maybe we are finally coming to the end of that era?

I went by myself and enjoyed that experience, but honestly I would pay to see this again in the theater.

No comments: