Thursday, January 29, 2009

Signs o' the Times - Thursday 1/29/2009


Can you read that sign outside of Mo's?

"Recession Never Tasted So Good - 1987 "Black Monday" Prices Every Monday after 5p.m. - On selected dinner entrees."

On the one hand, it looks like a good idea. On the other hand, I'm skeptical that much will be a deal here. Mo's is over-priced and has an attitude.

I'm amazed they've lasted so long, but every time I've been there with coworkers, we've seen studio types there. Execs, sometimes meeting with actors you recognize.

Personally, I'd take them to The Smoke House, which has a lovely old Hollywood ambiance. In fact, we did go there last week for my and Jens' belated birthday lunch.

I had the catch of the day with shrimp sauce. If you go, you must order the garlic bread. So yummy.

2 comments:

Kathy Rogers said...

We took my mother in law to The Smokehouse for her birthday dinner.

She ordered an extra order of garlic bread to go.

Sundry said...

KathyR -- Ooh! Good choice! I've heard a lot of people rave about the garlic bread in this place or that, but the Smoke House's really does live up to the hype!