Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Roasted Veggies - Tuesday 3/3/2009


This one's for Kitty!

The very loose recipe for the roasted veggie mix I've been raving about. It's an adaptation of one from The South Beach Diet. It called for more asparagus and no mushrooms or oregano. The way I made it, it smelled like pizza!

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Cut up the following, or something like it:

1 pound of asparagus, cut to bite size
2-3 yellow crook-neck or zucchini squash, cut to bite size
10-12 ounces sliced or quartered crimini mushrooms (buttons are also fine)
2-3 onions, cut to bite size
2 bell peppers, cut to bite size

Toss the veggies in olive oil, garlic powder, and oregano in a big roasting pan. Salt and pepper if you like.

Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. You want the onions to be translucent.

In this case, I topped them with chunks of grilled chicken left over from last night's carry out salad. Mmmm!

2 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

YUM! That looks absolutely delicious. I wonder if I toss some tofu in and roast it along with the veggies if that would be good. I guess I'll find out! :)

Sundry said...

Ooh, I'll try that too. I like tofu, just don't have a lot of recipes for it. I made more and took them to my writing group and we used them like fajitas.