Monday, October 31, 2005

Hallowe'en!

/
I had a great time handing out candy. I keep track of how many trick-or-treaters we get each year. I say it’s because I want to have an idea of how much candy to buy. Actually, I seem to really enjoy keeping lists of things. (Any wonder I spend so much time on 43Things?)

So, ahem, 126 including the group of 4 kids who made a repeat visit. I teased them and gave them candy anyway. This is the price of stocking in chocolate. Butterfingers this year.

Probably my favorite was a five-year-old(?) fairy girl who was fascinated with the iron Boston bull that we use as a doorstop. I thought later I should have picked it up and let her touch it. Sigh.

And the kid whose older brother told him he did a good job and rubbed him on the head. The little one said, “I know how to trick or treat!”

Photo is of the pumpkin I carved. I admit it, I used a stencil.

No comments: