Monday, October 31, 2005

Okay, I'm a big goof



I love Halloween, especially since I moved to a neighborhood where kids actually Trick or Treat. For the past 5 years I’ve been thrilled to hand out chocolate and see the little kids’ costumes, and the expressions on the faces of the littlest ones in particular. Last year a kid fell face first into my living room. He looked pretty shocked, but got over it.

A couple of years ago I bought a big bag of brocolli at Costco and greeted the kids at the door with a collander full of it. I held it out and they were so shocked! My favorite was the 8-year-old who laughed with releif when I brought out the Snickers and said, “OH! That was SCARY!” It was also a lot of fun to hear the kids telling their parents what had happened when they got to the end of our sidewalk.

The sidewalk to our front door is about 40 feet long and very dark, so I hang orange lights all along the front porch and lit up ghosts at both ends. It looks great and we get more and more trick or treaters every year. Over 150 last year, if I remember correctly.

I don’t dress up, usually. I have a skulls and tombstones T-shirt though. I wear that. Well, and sometimes the fabulous witch hat comes out of the closet.

Photo is of the window right next to the front door.

No comments: