Thursday, November 03, 2005

Tiny Buddha

/
The Tiny Buddha on the wall was happy to see me last night when I arrived home. What you can’t really tell from this photo is that he was keylit by angled sunlight squeezing through the pine tree.

This statuette came from my husband’s cousin’s yard. She passed away last winter. I’m glad we have this and a few other things from the day we helped clear out her apartment. She was a unique character, always coming up with the most remarkably forward questions. I loved her for the guileless way she’d ask them. Almost like a little kid, even though she was an intelligent adult. I’d like to be better at asking questions like that, that dig a little under the surface of polite conversation. They’re thought provoking and even a little flattering, if you think about it.

No comments: