Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Polar Bear in My Library - Friday 11/24/2006


Yes, Hyrda gets a little excited about Christmas. After almost seven years in our house, we have a nice stockpile of Christmas lights. But until this week, no light-up animatronic animals.

He spent much of the day building a platform for this guy, who will be seen skiing down from the star on the front peak of the house. He used scrap wood for the platform and we were tickled that the project didn't require a run into Lowe's for anything. We have the tools and the leftovers. We are like real home owners now.

Dodger kept an eye on this guy for me. Suspicious looking git. Don't let him near the pistachios!

I cooked us up a turkey yesterday. Yum. It was free range, and it was the best I've ever made. Not because of the herb-and-garlic butter I rubbed all over it, or the cooking bag, because we've done that before. No more bargain basement turkeys for us.

No comments: