Friday, January 05, 2007

Water Again - Friday 1/5/2007

My water glass at Bob's Big Boy. Again, with the water. I don't know what that's about.

Except it's one of those common things that is actually kind of pretty if you really look at it.

And it's sort of comforting to be back at Bob's, where they know my regular order--hot tea, oatmeal and a big glass of water--and I am now one of the regulars. One old guy (since he's over 80 I don't think I need to beat around the bush) stops and chats with me a little bit every morning. I nod and smile, say hello, to others.

And I write. Rewriting is sooooo much slower than NaNoWriMo writing, but I am discovering cool stuff about my characters and figuring out what you will need to know about them at the beginning, and what they know about themselves, and what they have to learn.

"How's the book coming?" the twenty-something hostess asks me.

"Doing okay," I say. It takes a long time, but I'm up for it.

2 comments:

The Moon Topples said...

I threw my NaNo output into some sort of Phantom Zone, so I admire your persistence in editing.

Just saying hello, and something vaguely positive and admiring about your blog: "It's quite nice."

I've added a link here as well.

Anonymous said...

hi girl! It's good to have you back again...seemed like a long dry spell there.